Happy Monday everyone! But is it actually a “happy” Monday?! I mean Monday is the least favorite day of the week, especially after a summer weekend filled with warm weather, sunshine and relaxation it can be hard to get back to work or school on a Monday morning. The transition from the weekend to a full week of work or school is never easy, and can leave you with the Monday blues, making you wish the weekend never had to end. But lucky for all of you I’ve put together some of my best tips to help you survive the Monday Blues!
- Prepare for Monday in Advance
- Make a to-do list for Monday on Friday. That way you can get everything you need to do for Monday in order, and you will know exactly what to expect when you come to work on Monday morning. Also if possible get some of Monday’s work done on Friday, this will not only minimize the dread you’ll face on Monday mornings, but also keep your mind off of work during the weekend.
- Get Your Beauty Sleep
- Everyone needs their beauty sleep, especially after a long weekend! Going to bed early on a Sunday night is an essential for a long work week. Getting a full 8 hours or more of sleep will ensure that you will be well- rested and ready to take on Monday! You will also be able to wake up early, and have enough time to have a good breakfast and relax before you need to leave for work or school.
- It’s a New Week
- Maybe the previous week wasn’t in your favor, and nothing was going your way… well great news it’s a new week! No matter what happened last week put it behind you, and look ahead. Don’t dwell on the past, life is way too short for that. It’s your life, so make it a great week or not the choice is yours!
- Plan a Fun Activity for after Work
- Make plans with friends or family for after work. Maybe meet for dinner and drinks, catch a movie, or my personal favorite in the summer…take a walk by the water with an ice cream cone in hand (haha)! But when in doubt there’s nothing a little shopping can’t fix! Having something to look forward to for after work or school will help the day move along a little bit faster!
- Dress Your Best!
- An awesome outfit, means an even better mood! When I have a great outfit on my confidence level is through the roof! I always try to wear a cute outfit on Monday’s despite the weather, or the mood I wake up in. If you went shopping over the weekend, then throw on that new outfit, and show it off! There’s no doubt you’ll be getting compliments on your new outfit, which always puts a smile on your face! Never underestimate the power of a good outfit on a bad day!
Did you know that your case of the Mondays can have a negative impact on your performance and productivity, as well as the people around you? Nobody wants to be down with the Monday Blues, therefore try following my five tips next Monday so you don’t come down with it!
My Monday Outfit Details:
I had to make my outfit all blue for my Monday Blues blog post! But this outfit had me feeling everything but blue! In this post, I’m wearing a light blue top purchased from Boohoo. This top has soo many fun details, it’s flowy, has a ruffle detail on the bottom, and big bell sleeves! This top is anything but ordinary. I paired it with my ultra-frayed, high waisted denim jeans from Zara. I loved the way my flowy top complimented the frayed hem on my jeans. My light- blue slides were an awesome find at Forever 21, and completely tied together my all blue outfit!
SHOP THE LOOK: